Home » Sustainability » Business » Safety at Work
- Social Responsibility
Südzucker Polska S.A., one of the major sugar producers in the Polish market, assumes full responsibility for the health and safety of its employees, subcontractors and visitors staying on any of the Company’s premises, in the first instance at its sugar factories.
The following rules are an integral part of our Company’s hygiene and safety at work policy:
- You should always try to prevent any accidents or injuries;
- Compliance with safety at work rules is the foundation of professionalism. Sufficient time should be allocated to each task to ensure that all necessary procedures have been completed in compliance with all safety rules. Haste is one of the most common causes of accidents;
- The highest level of safety is an important condition of sustainable business success.
To live up to our beliefs and obligations concerning hygiene and safety at work, we are required to:
- Comply with and all legal requirements applicable to Südzucker Polska S.A.;
- Involve employees and their representatives in the promotion of risk prevention and responsibility for hygiene and safety at work;
- Relentlessly identify and analyse any risks and take the necessary preventive measures;
- Forbid or suspend any work if a risk arises;
- Analyse and take corrective or preventive action when an accident or near-miss occurs;
- Raise awareness of the importance of safety and proper attitudes among the management, employees and subcontractors;
- Regularly monitor, evaluate and review the safety system;
- Ensure that production assets are in good shape and meet safety standards in the design, construction and operation phases;
- Ensure proper fire protection for assets;
- Provide appropriate training and communication to employees, subcontractors and visitors;
- Share and learn from experiences within the Company and the entire Group.
The steady improvement in the level of hygiene and safety at work, protecting employees’ health, ensuring proper protection against risks and a high technical level of sugar factories are the priorities of Südzucker Polska S.A.
- We steadily upgrade our factories. For years, we have been taking care to ensure that our sugar beet campaigns and sugar production are based on state-of-the-art sugar production technologies.
- We instil in our Employees the awareness of appropriate, safe attitudes at work. Therefore, the Company invests in raising competences and training of employees. Periodical courses on hygiene and safety at work and the so-called good practices promoting safe conduct and raising workplace safety awareness among employees are held at all of the Company’s sugar factories. In 2011, the Management Board of Südzucker Polska S.A. decided to implement the Hygiene and Safety at Work Management System compliant with the Polish standard PN-N 18001:2004.
- The Company’s factories have successfully implemented a system for the monitoring and improvement of working conditions. We have updated our assessment of risks at work and relevant hygiene and safety at work manuals.
As a result, in recent years the number of accidents at our Company fell significantly. Thanks to investments and modernisation of the sugar factories, our workplaces have become more ergonomic and safer than ever before.